We need to know the publication date of the website at different times. But many of us don’t know how to find the Publication Date of a Website. Then read this article “How to Find the Publication Date of a Website” in full with all your thoughts. Because by reading this you can quickly know about the Publication Date of any website.
At present, the website is the most effective medium for any information. However, to know that information, we must be careful about some things. It is essential to know whether the information is relevant to the present or whether the information is valid at all. And if you want to know these, you need to know the publication date of the website.
Usually, the site owner mentions the date of the website publication or the last update on the website to inform the users. This is the best practice for webmasters and SEO.
Because websites rank based on search engines. It is also difficult to know whether a website or an article is relevant or valid without a publication date. There are usually three types of dates involved with a public website.
Table of Contents Hide
- 3 Types of Dates Associated with Public Websites
- 4 Easy Ways: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website?
- Way No 01: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website Using Page Source
- Way No 02: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website Using Google
- Way No 03: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website from Comment and Site URL
- Way No 04: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website Using Finitimus Chrome Extension
- Way No 05: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website Using Wayback Machine
- Way No 06: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website from Author Bio
- Last Words
3 Types of Dates Associated with Public Websites
- Publication Date: This date indicates when the website first came live when people and search engines could access the site.
- Indexed Date: This date is much like the publication date, i.e. when search engines find this website and save it on their server.
- Cache Date: This is a date that indicates the last time the Google bot crawled. A Google bot or crawl is an Internet robot that stores new information or new information on a website that is actually stored in a Google or search engine database. Search engines usually crawl for days or weeks at a time. In some cases, it crawls a few times a day, especially on news sites.
After so much, there are still many websites that do not mention their publication date. But there is nothing to worry about! No matter how clever the website owner may be in hiding the publication date, we are no less clever than them. Today we will know some simple methods to Find the Publication Date of a Website. So let’s get started.
For You: How to Increase Mobile Internet Speed – 9 Effective Ways
4 Easy Ways: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website?
Way No 01: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website Using Page Source
It is effortless to know the last modified date or publish date on a site by looking at the page source. There are some differences between the browsers, such as:
- If you go to the website and click the right mouse button, you will see the text called View Page Info.
- Click on Page Info to get all the information.
- While on the website, press CTRL + U from the keyboard.
- Then a new window will open.
- Press CTRL + F here to get published then you will get information.
Way No 02: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website Using Google
Using Google, you can easily find the date of publication of the article on any website. All you have to do is follow a few steps.
- First, you need to go to google.com.
- Then copy and paste the link of the article you want to know the article’s date in the search bar.
- Then the date will show on the meta description area in the result.
Way No 03: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website from Comment and Site URL
This method is straightforward and reliable. Most blog sites have a comment section, and the comment section usually has a date. You can be sure by looking at the date when the article was published.
Again, the date can be seen in the URL of some websites.
Way No 04: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website Using Finitimus Chrome Extension
The Finitimus extension takes 5 seconds to install, and it works directly. Once installed, you go to any website and click on the Finitimus icon in the Chrome app bar. You will see the date in the extension. This is the easiest and most hassle-free method. If you ask for my advice, I will tell you to use it.
Way No 05: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website Using Wayback Machine
If you want to know more about how to view the publication date of the website, the Wayback Machine – Internet Archive is another. This will allow you to view the date of any day post on the website. Follow the steps below to know the publication date of the website using it.
- First, you need to visit https://web.archive.org/.
- Now you will see a search option.
- In this search box, copy and paste the URL of your desired website the date of the website or web page you want to view.
- Once pasted, click on the enter button.
- In a short time, it will appear in front of you with all the data related to the date of the website.
Way No 06: How to Find the Publication Date of a Website from Author Bio
If you want to find out the specific poster date of any blog website then you can use the author bio.
- First, open the post you want to know about the date.
- Now find the poster author bio. For many websites, it is at the top or at the bottom of the poster.
- Now here you can know the date of publication of the post.
Also Read: 7 Way: How to Check if a Website is Legit or Scam?
Above I have discussed 4 methods to Find the Publication Date of a Website. By applying any one of the above methods, you can get an idea about the relevance of any information on the website.
If you have any questions about Finding the Publication Date of a Website, be sure to share with me in the comments. If you find the full post helpful, share it with your friends now, and let them know.